hier voor de laatste update in het Nederlands
Important INFO for all CRUISERS
Searching for a cruising guide
to the Bahamas or Maldives, click
Get a 40lph watermaker for little money, click here.
We tested and used it ourselves on our trips, more info mail us at SailAdventures.
Last update May 01 2009.
After 9 long days of work we
managed to bring JoHo back in a decent state. JoHo got a new paint coat on the
outside and new anti-fouling. As she got very dirty on the hard standing we
had a lot of work cleaning her up again. Took a lot of effort, but seen the
result it's been worth it.
Now JoHo is back in the water where she belongs. We decided to take the Okeechobee Waterway from Glades Boat Storage to the east side of Florida. It gave us a lot of excitement, we steered her by narrow inland canals to Clewiston, at Lake Okeechobee in the middle of Florida. We stayed at the dolphins at night. Next day we crossed the lake to Port Mayaca, partly on sail and this test turned out OK too. All in all a beautiful day, but near lock Port Mayaca it was very shallow and we bumped a sand bar, the first fouling gone..... and then after the lock we would find the 49 feet clearance of the Port Mayaca railroad bridge (while our mast is about 51 feet)..... So John filled two big buckets with water and hangs them on our boom, set the boom out with a line and JoHo heeled over nicely, but not much at all. With fear in our hearts we went for it and untill the last second we didn't know for sure if we would make it. But we did, too much excitement for me though. Enough for one day.
With some minor engine problems
we arrived near St Lucie Lock where we met the Canadians Jim and Carol-Anne
of SY Seaduction again after more than a year. They also own a Gulfstar 41 and
the last time we saw them was in Nassau in the Bahamas. Thanks to them we could
pick up our ordered stuff in West Palm Beach with their car.
Having a good time and gratefull for the car, we said goodbye in Indiantown where they park the boat for the next 6 months. We hope some day somewhere we will meet again.
At this moment we are in the neighbourhood of Stuart where we will do some jobs on JoHo and prepare for our first lap, to Bermuda. When we're finished with the jobs on our boat and weather permitting we'll leave the USA and set sails for Bermuda.
on achor in Stuart, Florida, USA. Position 27°11,4' N - 80°16,0' W.
You can reach us on our cell phone number (001) 407-620-5187 or by mail.
We plan on sailing JoHo back to Europe in may or june this year to use her on holidays coming years.
John and Jolanda.