Klik HIER voor de laatste update in het Nederlands

Last update March 1 2008.

We got in the safety of Elizabeth Bay and in front of Georgetown just in time. 30 minutes after we put down anchor we got nasty weather, lots of wind (in squalls) and lightning. Oh, by the way, we came there with 20+knots on the nose out of the SW again, a direction you don't see here that often and certainly not this hard...... We just aren't lucky with the weather last month (see the image of the tornado under!).

But our decision to go back has been affirmed by all this, for again the same problems with genoa and roller furler. Furler needs new bearings (or a whole new system if I can't get those). Next to that a smaller (90%) genoa will be nice, certainly for in conditions of 20-25 knots (specially when going to the wind).

Next point of issue is Billy, our autopilot. He needs a new belt, it finally snapped. So we will be in Georgetown a while I guess, for without Billy life looks bleak indeed, I mean, who's gonna steer hours on end without pause? (yeah, certainly I will, but not without grumbling about it). For all you folks who are in the cold, wet, nasty winter weather, Make your plan and send us a mail. Georgetown is quite easy to fly to :-).


Current position

Elizabeth Harbour 'Stocking Island' Bahamas. JoHo is at anchor in about 4 metres of white coral sand and rocks.
Position is 23°31,1' N - 75°45,5' W.

Plans

We are done with the process of dressing up and enhancing our new JoHo. All the systems work nicely.
Next years we will
extensively cruise the Caribbean, Bahamas and USA together and with friends and family.

Interested in sailing with us? Check out our proposal here!

John and Jolanda.